Cardozo School of Law: Fireside Chat with Kwanza Jones
Wednesday, August 18th, 2021 | 01:30 PM
Virtual | Pacific Time
Education, equity, and empowerment are three of the four core pillars that Kwanza Jones & José E. Feliciano Initiative (KJJF) follows. The Gates Scholarship program combines these by helping outstanding minority students who come from low-income backgrounds realize their maximum potential.
That is why our CEO and co-founder, Kwanza Jones, had a fireside chat with Gates Scholars of Cardozo School of Law.
As a graduate from Cardozo School of Law, she talked about how her law degree has helped her, passion, and more. Here are some of the points made:
- Life is nothing but a constant cycle of growth, failure, and successes
- Constantly trying out new things leads you to discover and follow new passions and interests
- No matter what degree you’re pursuing, there are still a variety of options open to you in terms of your career choices
- It’s okay to have multiple passions, as long as you’re able to devote time and energy to each of them
- The only way to really get better at something is to do a lot of it
Just because everyone is following the traditional career path does not mean that you have to. Do what makes you happy and follow your dreams.